Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a day...

What a day to visit Seattle…

Some highlights of my jaunt up to Seattle for a quick day and a half…

-It was a BEAUTIFUL drive up on Thursday afternoon. I swear, that sunshine, she gets me every time with her afternoon golden goodness. Mmm, mmm, mmm…

-My cat left a couple presents on the porch before I left for the conference. A tail and a liver or some other body part of a mouse, I think. That Jasmine, or Jazz the Spaz, as I call her. She’s an outdoor cat, a hunter. She patrols the mouse/mole population, keeping it down, doing her civic kitty duty. She wants us to know that she is doing her duty by leaving remnants or “trophies”, if you will on our front porch.

-How amazing was it to see some Malawian friends in Seattle? AMAZING. So good for my soul. However, I only want to jump on a plane back to Malawi, like yesterday.

-Bavarian Hefeweizen @ Silver City Brewery with good company.

-Watching Dr. Phil with the parents, yes, I am a little ashamed to admit that.

-How ugly/pretty was my drive back to Portland this morning? Very pretty and ugly. For one, it was sunshiny when I left the island and a half hour into my drive, it was snowing. Beautiful giant snowflakes. A bonified winter wonderland. It felt like Christmas, and how better to celebrate the moment than to bust out my “cozy Christmas” itunes playlist? After this prettiness that lasted about 15 minutes was washed away by a complete blizzard for the next hour at least. I clutched my steering wheel for dear life, trying not to crash and sweating up a storm-that was the ugly part.

But now I am home, in my wonderfully cozy bed :)


What a day, holy Toledo.

5 comments:

Heather Olds said...

it sounds like you have good taste in beer!..and t.v. shows, too! i confess i love dr. phil..and when my husband and i were in so.cal. we went to 2 tapings of the show.. it was awesome. the second taping we went to we got to sit in the front row..what's even more hilarious is that my in-laws taped it and gave us a dvd! so, u can borrow it if you want..ha!

Sarah said...

two things...you need to teach me how to pimp my blog and can i be your friend on the side thingy?

Sarah said...

LOL!!! So I just looked and I am your friend. Love you shannon :-)

Anonymous said...

Silver City is one of our favorite spots too. We should go sometime! I always feel somewhat of a let down though when one of my favorite seasonal beers isn't available. I especially like the Irish Stout.
Ian Barclay

L Nien said...

You were here and we didn't see you :(. Deane and I love Silver city, the hefeweizen is amazing! Miss you