Friday, December 19, 2008

stuck in the drizzle

Bringing back a post from last winter. Even though I am sitting in a bustling coffee house watching huge fluffy snowflakes fall from the sky, I'm feeling the drizzle again...


“God sometimes does His work with gentle drizzle, not storms. Drip. Drip. Drip.” –Amazing Grace


Drip. Drip. Drip.


I like that. Often when I get the courage or the faith to pray a big prayer, I expect or hope for great big things to happen, for lightning bolts and change. And it just doesn’t always pan out that way. It doesn’t mean God isn’t working because He most definitely is, but just not in the way, or more rightly put the timing that I would like.


Drizzle.


I find it funny that this word found its way into this quote; it’s the perfect word. Who really likes drizzle? Drizzle is a pain and I never really know how to deal with it. It mists my clothes and face so after some time, I am sufficiently soggy but it’s rarely enough for me to break out the umbrella. It’s just something we all put up with and endure.

So here I am, I have prayed some big prayers, and in the waiting is the drizzle. I’m okay with the gentle drizzle, because I know God will be faithful. I may get soaked and soggy, but deep down, He tells me everything will be okay.

No comments: