Friday, May 8, 2009

my, my, my, it's a beautiful world.

Today has been a good day, a good sunshiney day ;)
I love days like this.
When I can go for a run, and keep running past the point where I usually turn around.
When I feel refreshed and energized instead of sleepy after waking up earlier than all normal people.
When I meet a kindred spirit.
When upbeat tunes give me what I need to finally put away all my laundry and clean my apartment.
When I can wear a dress without hauling around a sweater, just in case…

When I can walk through my neighborhood with a big ole grin, and watch it spread to others.

When I can look up through the trees and see the sunshine cascading through.

When I can drink my iced americano and read through a chewy book about the soul and the human spirit.

When I can watch the little leaves fall from trees like flower petals, but with a special helicopter-like twist.

When I read the exclamation of love etched in the sidewalk “love is us” or walk by the blue Jetta with a rose and a card under the windshield wipers.

When the old man playing the accordion in Jamison Park changes his melody to a happier one as I walk by.

When I read lines like, “I may not have the skills of a world-class musician, but I have the soul of one.”
When I realize that everything beautiful in creation was made from love and for love.
When I can hear the kids splashing in the fountain as they live their adventurous make believe worlds of play.

When a little baby, learning to walk, stops for a second and smiles at me, as he can hardly believe he is the mover of his own body.

When the playlist on my ipod seems to play just the perfect soundtrack for my afternoon stroll.

When I pass customers of the dragonfly waving hello on my walk home.

When I come home to a warm apartment filled with the setting sun.

When there is no doubt in my mind that we are so fully LOVED.

I’m grateful for days like this.

My, my, my, it’s a beautiful world.

No comments: